Proposal discussion: ASSY index creation

from the short sample of data we have - YES, $ASSY tokens ARE highly intercorrelated

Hello I’m a noob to Defi and PowerPool so excuse the naive question: When it comes to the #2, AAVE staking, let’s say someone has 100 AAVE to stake, does that mean they would have to purchase 100 ASSY to be able to stake the 100 AAVE?

disclaimer: yes I have never actually staked multiple tokens together, so I just don’t get how it works…

If you buy 100 AAVE and stake them directly you will get 100 StkAAVE. Which is erc-20 that represents your right on this stake.

When you buy or mint 100 ASSY, you will get 30 yYFI, 30 StkAAVE, 15 Sushi and 25 SNX in.

So basically you will get 30 staked AAVE + other coins.

I see. Thank you for your response. Still a tad bit confused in the sense of the ASSY protocol itself, bear with me.

I have my 100 AAVE, I put it into the protocol and it turns to 100 StkAAVE, which then begins to farm or harvest, (I don’t know the difference haha) AAVE at whatever the APY % is set at. Is this the right thinking?

But don’t I need to have purchased some ASSY to be able to do this? To participate in the harvesting of AAVE? Or just having the AAVE will be enough?

Read about ETFs and indexes.
Simillar stuff.

Different goals. If you want to stake only AAVE - just stake only AAVE. :slight_smile:

Here are considerations on the key question: how to include CVP not including it?

@Zero what’s you twitter mate? Wanted to mention you.
Thanks a lot for providing estimates for the strategies APY!

1 Like

I don’t agree…you have shown no evidence that ASSY would catch on…I still see no strong reason why ASSY would bring more TVL than PIPT and/or YETI…

this doesn;t mean anything

[quote=“annoyed, post:46, topic:508, full:true”]
you have shown no evidence that ASSY would catch on…I still see no strong reason why ASSY would bring more TVL than PIPT and/or YETI…

You are right friend, there is no evidence for telling what the future is made of, intuitions merely.

The reason is simple : ASSY spells Influencer Marketing and viral campaign, the power of Powerpool Index asset but with memetic character. A ticker that can rally communities and attract new investors alike : this is cool, desirable features for $CVP future.

The hurdle with PIPT and YETI is that they force users to take up a substantial position in CVP, which could be a big deterrent for many given its relative obscurity compared to other tokens in the index (moreso for PIPT where the index is mostly DeFi “blue Chip”).

I like Sergey’s proposal, which seems similar to the Curve model. Give users a way to earn yield to increase TVL, but allow for bonuses if they also hold the protocol’s token. Offering yield on a basket of established assets has to attract a lot of value, and increasing TVL should be a top priority right now.

1 Like

Against
We need CVP inside, otherwise there is no sense in CVP ant PowerPool model

I think this is a very good concept!

If this index is created, how many days after the index is created will the distribution of its investment income begin?

please check this out

1 Like

Hello everyone,

First, I want to thank all the community for their feedback and the warm reactions for the $ASSY discussions. After nearly a month of discussions I think the project is now mature enough to be upgraded to a fully-fledged proposal.

This proposal has been made thanks to the support of the Powerpool team and the feedback of the Powerpool community active Devs.

ASSY proposal :

$ASSY will be a Powerpool index including StkAAVE, aSNX, xSUSHI, YFI with the following breakdown :

• The SNX strategy for the launch will be low-risk and conservative with SNX deposit into AAVE to start the index and can be at regular interval re-evaluated by the community to seek for more Yield.

• As StkAAVE has a 10 days cooldown period to be swapped back into AAVE, 5/15% of the AAVE holdings of $ASSY will be kept in AAVE form to allow more seamless minting/burn of $ASSY with their underlying assets, this ratio will be regularly re-evaluated with market data to find the perfect balance between liquidity and yield.

Basic ASSY assumptions:

1. Concentrated highly-correlated bet: 4 productive Defi tokens. Grow together/drop together ASSY is a high-risk/high-reward bet
  2. APY from ASSY without CVP rewards:
    “Medium scenario”: 10-14%.
    7-10% APY from Vault strategies (YFI staking, AAVE staking, xSUSHI) , 3-4% APY from swap fees going to LPs (0.2% swap fee)
  3. ASSY theoretical performance (since proposal publication ~a month ago already) is already > +100%)

CVP LM program

There are two options from LPs in the ASSY LM program: Basic and Boosted ones.

Basic: 800,000 CVP per year or 66,666 CVP per month. It will provide 3% APY ($50m TVL, $3 CVP price) for LPs who didn’t stake CVP-ETH LP or PIPT for a boost. We suggest to re-define this number from time to time, for example every month. Simple calculation - LP share in overall TVL corresponds to the share in block reward.

Boost: 4,500,000 CVP per year or 375,000 CVP per month (+28% APY for $50m TVL and $3 CVP).

The share in TVL has 50% impact on boost, and the share in staked CVP-ETH/PIPT has the remain 50% impact:

wCVPlocked =share in overall locked for LP (CVP-ETH Uni LP or PIPT)

wTVL = share in overall ASSY TVL

CVPlocked should be at least 5% of supplied liquidity. CVP is staked in the form of CVP-ETH LP or PIPT) (is re-calculated after provision of new liquidity or withdrawal for current LP).

Examples for your consideration :

• if there will be $50m boosted TVL, $2.5m worth of CVP will be locked.

• if we want 5% CVP locked, it means that if you deposit $10,000 into ASSY and want to boost your reward, you need $1000 in CVP-ETH (taking into account that $500 is ETH) or $4000 in PIPT (taking into account that 87.5% of that or $3500 are Defi blue chips).

Sushiswap Onsen Program

The $ASSY asset will be a candidate to the sushiswap LP rewards program “Onsen”, to allow Liquidity providers of ASSY/ETH to be rewarded in SUSHI.

$ASSY holders willing to provide liquidity to earn extra yield will then have three main paths, the CVP basic, Boost and the Onsen program.

All of this liquidity will be concentrated into Sushiswap reinforcing low slippage acquisition of ASSY assets and the collaborations between the sushiswap and powerpool protocols.

It’s up for discussion for the community but mid term, I will recommend most of the LM programs to be migrated to Sushiswap liquidity provision including CVP-ETH.

Quarterly ASSY updates : ASSYNOMICS

As the SNX part of ASSY can be optimized, I’ll suggest that the Powerpool community support a non-binding quarterly “Assynomics” program to re-evaluate and find new opportunities to extract more yield from assy and optimize the asset : SNX strategies, CRV accumulation, exploration and partnership with xTokens project

Defi constantly evolve and taking the time as a community to re-evaluate the asset every 90 days can be a good opportunity, the assynomics should be non-binding and if a consensus should not be met, the previous assynomics plan stays enforced until modification.

Thanks everyone and let’s get some ASSY into the markets!

11 Likes

Love this proposal! A couple of questions:

• I’m a little confused about the Boost mechanics - is there a minimum value for CVPlocked? In the 5% example given it states that $10K of ASSY needs $1K in CVP-ETH to get the boost. Is the idea that this 5% is a minimum, but LPs could provide additional CVP on top of that to get even more boost?

• Could the Boost also apply to CVP staked in PIPT-ETH or YETI-ETH? Or is there a technical reason for excluding these sources of CVP?

Overall I think this looks great. It’s good to see that people will have an option to earn CVP holding ASSY by itself (making it much more attractive than buying and holding on your own), and the additional incentives for CVP holders creates a nice alignment of interests.

1 Like

it is complex to implement this tech fast. CVP-ETH LP and PIPT are much more easier to implement .

1 Like

Great idea with CVP lock for boosting rewards. This will neutralize possible pressure from farming.
I see no info about vesting for CVP rewards for LP. 10-weeks as usual?

2 Likes

Guys, thanks for great proposal… I can’t wait to invest :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Vesting rules for all pools are defined within the same contract, meaning that all pools currently need to have the same vesting period by design. I would assume 10-week linear vesting here, but agreed that it should be clarified in the official proposal.

Source: https://medium.com/powerpool/proposal-15-ver2-cvp-eth-and-yeti-rewards-steam-statement-e78e7102a09b

There was a possibility to set another rule by creating another contract if I am not mistaken. And this need to be clarified in proposal I guess)

1 Like