Proposal 60: Revised Terms for Translators - Translation payments based on USD per word paid in CVP equivalent

Proposal 60: Revised Terms for Translators - Translation payments based on USD per word paid in CVP equivalent

Summary
PowerPool is a global DAO operating a global network of PowerAgent Keeper noderunners, DAO contributors, and investors. To expand our reach and globalize the DAO, it is important that we provide selected official PowerPool texts released first in English, in translated form using as many other languages as possible to increase accessibility of PowerPool content. Official PowerPool texts requiring translation will be designated in the Translations sections of the Notion Project Wiki, usually including all recent Medium articles published, plus timely retweeting of translated official threads on Twitter. There are also currently separately-moderated Telegram AMA channels dedicated to Russian and Turkish. We are targeting adding similar Chinese, Spanish and possibly Portuguese-moderated Telegram AMA channels once qualified Translators are engaged on revised terms.

As PowerAgent goes cross-chain, it will also be necessary to begin appointing Chain Ambassadors, chosen from among the active contributing Translators that have already demonstrated a deep understanding of PowerPool and its Roadmap. Future appointed Chain Ambassadors will also be needed to moderate shared Discord channels with all host chains, starting with Gnosis Chain. Remuneration for Chain Ambassadors/Channel Mods will be higher than for Translators, but a track record of contributing through translations is the best way to qualify for a Chain Ambassador appointment by demonstrating mastery of key content and procedures. A separate DAO Proposal regarding appointing remunerated Chain Ambassadors and language/shared channel Discord Mods is forthcoming.

Translators, Ambassadors & Moderators all participate in the SparkDAO Telegram channel operated by the Community Manager.

Currently, PowerPool rewards translators with CVP rewards allocated from the Strategic Community Rewards Pool. However, according to Proposal 17: Translator`s value proposition for PowerPool, these payments are based on “CVP per word”.

It is proposed to change the translation payment formula to a “USD per word, paid in CVP equivalent” basis starting from July 2023 in order to account for future changes to the price of CVP. This will make translation costs more predictable for the future, while still providing enough incentive for Translators to deliver quality and timely work.

Abstract
It is proposed to switch the translation payment basis in Proposal 17: Translator`s value proposition for PowerPool from “CVP per word” to “USD per word, paid in CVP equivalent”. Starting from July, translation payments should be calculated using this revised formula. This change will stabilize the cost of translations in the event of a change in the CVP price.

Motivation
Translating articles and documentation officially released in English into multiple languages is incredibly important for the growth of PowerPool’s international community. PowerPool currently supports translations into 4 languages: Turkish, Russian, Spanish, and Portuguese. This work is carried out by active members of our Community who have significant knowledge of crypto and the English language and are able to make high-quality translations of texts containing complex crypto ideas and terms. This is not an easy task, and in order to ensure it is completed with high quality and on time, PowerPool incentivises Translators with $CVP rewards. These tokens are allocated from the Strategic Community Rewards Pool in accordance with Proposal 17: Translator`s value proposition for PowerPool.

Under that Proposal, translation fees were calculated using “CVP per word” as the basis. However, with the upcoming mainnet launch of PowerAgent v2 and the growing awareness of PowerPool’s Roadmap, the value of $CVP is expected to rise. This could potentially result in unreasonable, far above-market rewards for article translations. The number of translations are expected to rise significantly, but increasingly useful automated tools make the time commitment a lot less. In some cases, more than one Translator can be active, especially for internally diverse Asian languages like Chinese.

We expect the number of active Translators to increase significantly in future. In part, this is because active Translators will become candidates for appointments as Chain Ambassadors/Channel Mods as well. It is therefore proposed to modify the original Proposal 17 to make future translation payments on a “USD per word” basis, although paid out in CVP equivalent. This will also facilitate future budgeting by making future translation costs more predictable.

Specifications
In the specifications to Proposal 17: Translator`s value proposition for PowerPool, we propose to change the Payment section (6) to the following:

Payment: Pay translators according to the number of words from the original article and level of the translator:

Common translator: 0–24 articles translated; 0.008 USD in CVP equivalent per word in the first 24 articles translated

Uncommon translator: 25–49 articles translated; 0.0096 USD in CVP equivalent per word in next 24 articles translated.

Rare translator: 50–74 articles translated; 0.0112 USD in CVP equivalent per word in next 24 articles translated.

Epic translator: 75–99 articles translated; 0.0128 USD in CVP equivalent per word in next 24 articles translated.

Legendary translator: 100+ articles translated; 0.0144 USD in CVP equivalent per word in next 100 articles translated.

Raid boss: 200+ articles translated. 0.016 USD in CVP equivalent per word in next articles translated.

Various tools are available to count words on submitted translations, and the process can be coordinated via the Translations section of the project Discord here.

7 Likes

Hello, PowerPool Community!

I’m reaching out to voice my support for Proposal 60, a significant step towards refining the translation compensation structure. This proposal should support everyone’s dedication to equitable practices, stability, and the international expansion of PowerPool community.

The crux of the proposal is the shift from a $CVP-centric payment system to a $USDT-centric one, with remunerations being dispensed in the equivalent value of CVP. This adjustment is designed to ensure the constancy of translation costs, irrespective of the market fluctuations of CVP. As PowerPool strives to extend its global footprint, the role of language in making our content universally comprehensible cannot be overstated.

Moreover, the proposal brings forth the concept of Chain Ambassadors, a role I find particularly exciting for our future. Accompanied by increased compensation and responsibilities, this role presents a remarkable opportunity for active community members to evolve with community and play a pivotal role in shaping PowerPool’s trajectory.

In my perspective, this proposal signifies a progressive stride. It not only safeguards the interests of our translators but also fosters the long-term stability and appreciation of the $CVP token.

Thank you for your attention.

4 Likes

Greetings my fellow Degenz,

I would like to express my perspective over the -Proposal 60- , which aims to revise the terms for our translators. This proposal is not just about improving the efficiency of our translation process.

The proposal suggests a change from a $CVP-based compensation to a $USDT-based one, with compensations made in CVP equivalent which makes super level of sense. With this change, it should keep the cost of translations stable, irrespective of the fluctuations in CVP’s market value.

This is a significant move for PowerPool as we strive to expand our global footprint. We recognize the crucial role language plays in making our content accessible to everyone, everywhere.

The proposal introduces the concept of Chain Ambassadors, and offers increased remuneration and responsibilities. This is a fantastic opportunity for active contributors to grow with us and help shape the future of PowerPool. Which makes me super excited to operate.

I believe that this proposal is a step in the right direction. It not only safeguards the interests of our translators but also ensures the long-term stability and growth of the $CVP token.

I encourage everyone in the PowerPool DAO to participate in the discussion and cast their vote on this proposal. Let’s work together to build a more global, inclusive, and prosperous DAO!

Best Regards,
Your Degen Lead,

The Original Degen

3 Likes

I think the proposal is about to be ready for mainnet launch in financial expenses over community, which is ok, and also CVP part makes sense,

As I undertood, if CVP price goes higher, the paid amount per article is going up and it is way expensive than the ecosystem standard.

Making it usd equivalent in CVP is ok. I have no concerns.

The part which is interesting that “Chain Ambassador”, need to think about this, if it is going to be designed properly, and not in KOLs style, it can bring value and more keeper candidates and potential investors to powerpool.

Need to see the plan execution and the result.

so why not?

1 Like

I’m want to show my full support for this proposal. I firmly believe that continuing to pay in CVP tokens with calculating in CVP-origin may not be the most reasonable approach in the long run. With the impending launch of PowerAgent v2 and more developments on the horizon, it’s highly likely that the value of CVP will appreciate significantly.

It’s important to remember that when the original proposal was put forth, the price of CVP was hovering around $2. This meant that a payment of 0.025 CVP per word for the first 24 articles equated to approximately $0.05 per word in USD. Given the potential for CVP’s value to increase, sticking with this rate could lead to inflated costs for translations.

Therefore, I propose that we consider a slight increase in rewards. This could potentially attract more translators and expand our community. By pegging the payment to a stablecoin like USDT, we can ensure that the compensation remains fair and stable, regardless of the market dynamics of CVP.

In conclusion, I believe this proposal is a step in the right direction. It not only ensures fair compensation for translators but also contributes to the long-term growth and stability of the PowerPool community.

2 Likes

I want to show my full support for this proposal. I firmly believe that continuing to pay in CVP tokens with calculating in CVP-origin may not be the most reasonable approach in the long run. With the impending launch of PowerAgent v2 and more developments on the horizon, it’s highly likely that the value of CVP will appreciate significantly.

It’s important to remember that when the original proposal was put forth, the price of CVP was hovering around $2. This meant that a payment of 0.025 CVP per word for the first 24 articles equated to approximately $0.05 per word in USD. Given the potential for CVP’s value to increase, sticking with this rate could lead to inflated costs for translations.

Therefore, I propose that we consider a slight increase in rewards. This could potentially attract more translators and expand our community. By pegging the payment to a stablecoin like USDT, we can ensure that the compensation remains fair and stable, regardless of the market dynamics of CVP.

In conclusion, I believe this proposal is a step in the right direction. It not only ensures fair compensation for translators but also contributes to the long-term growth and stability of the PowerPool community.

2 Likes

Not sure what you mean by ‘KOLs style’? Proposal XX to begin appointing Chain Ambassadors is still being formulated. Please feel free to outline what you think the key tasks, KPIs and possible remuneration for this role would entail? Should we require that the Chain Ambassador be operating both Validator node and PowerAgent Keeper node on their target chain?

1 Like

I think Mr Monk is talking about the shiller style KOLs, and he says, chain ambassadors should not be like those shillers or KOLs who are getting paid for tweeting.

Am I right Mr @alphamonk ?

1 Like

Exactly @GordonGekko_CVP

I would also like to express my full support for this proposal. I understand that relying solely on CVP tokens for payment without considering the value of CVP may not be the most reasonable approach in the long run. I am also looking forward to the upcoming release of PowerAgent v2 and the future developments of DeFi products! I believe that the value of CVP will significantly increase.

I agree that it is important to keep in mind that when the initial proposal was presented, the price of CVP was around $2. This meant that the payment of 0.025 CVP per word for the first 24 translated articles was approximately $0.05 per word in USD. Considering the potential increase in the value of CVP, maintaining this rate may result in inflated translation costs.

I also suggest considering a slight increase in compensation. This adjustment can attract more translators and contribute to the growth of our community. By pegging the payment to a stablecoin such as USDT, we can ensure that the compensation remains fair and stable, regardless of the price fluctuation of the CVP token.

This proposal is a positive step forward. It guarantees fair compensation for translators and contributes to the long-term progress and stability of the PowerPool community.