Proposal 29: Amending the Allocation for Beta and Gamma Testers & Launching a New Vesting Contract

It was great to see the testers come together with the management board (MB) to work on this.

A great deal of work took place by a collective of active testers over the weekend, and I hope this demonstrates how galvanised and proactive this particular subset of testers is.

At the end of the day we all want what’s best for PowerPool/ CVP and going forwards I think the MB and remaining testers will be able to collaborate to ensure a bright DEMOCRATIC future for this project.

Please everyone show your support and vote for the Proposal 29 Part C Amendment.

2 Likes

I appreciate your work TD, but let’s be honest, all your efforts this weekend would not have been needed if the MB had paid attention to the comments that you and I and others posted in the Telegram, on twitter, and the forum in the first place. The initial proposal was a monstrosity - rushed… and pushed through when it needn’t have been.

I hope now the MB will stop unnecessarily demonising and castigating the active testers, who are doing more for this project behind the scenes than most - especially the MB - realise.

Oh, and if the team themselves could actually start attending the calls they’re pushing for testers to attend - that would be nice! I have heard from the multiple testers that the team have no-showed on them multiple times. I have personally been no-showed on 2 separate occasions. How is this going to motivate testers when the ACTUAL TEAM do not turn up for arranged meetings? Spoiler: it isn’t.

Hope you’re right on this TD and that the MB is going to consider the testers more of an ally going forwards, but I will believe it when I see it. Until then I will endeavour as much as possible to be cautiously optimistic. I wait like Penelope with baited breath.

Keep fighting the good fight ser, for “the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing…”

2 Likes

We know that a lot of testers didn’t vote that much but contributed off-chain a lot, so all these addresses were excluded by the team.

I hope now the MB will stop unnecessarily demonising and castigating the active testers, who are doing more for this project behind the scenes than most - especially the MB - realise.

I second this, good to see the community coming together on it.

Very glad to see the Management Board and Testers come together, compromise, and put forth the Proposal 29 Part C amendment, so PowerPool and its community may move forward in harmony, and look to the future. Onwards.

1 Like

Glad to see progress made on that front and to come to an agreement between both parties that is what true governance and DAOs are all about. I do hope in the future we can continue to put more focus on roadmap and future of CVP instead of dealing with the past.

1 Like

Guys, I understand that proposal is already live but let me share my concerns here. In my opinion, 4 months (which are de-facto 3.5, since vesting anyway was started on the 1st of April) is not enough to properly track the value of each tester. We need to take into account that there are a lot of very busy [as at current moment] testers, and for some people there can be no appropriate tasks now, but they can appear in a couple of months during project growth. So, I think that probably we should slightly extend this period (for example for 2 months, and the period will be not 4 but 6 months finally) without any option to revise it. I think that additional two months will be good for testers (to have more room to demonstrate their contribution and engagement), and for the team (to have a chance to work with each tester individually with no rush).

Finally +2 months - totally 6 is a win-win deal for testers and the team, as I see. WDYT?

I will launch a proposal for this if you see potential/necessity of this idea

1 Like