Proposal: Yearn yTokens Index

Moved to on-chain voting: https://app.powerpool.finance/#/mainnet/proposal/2?governor=0x1872b9692bd7ceabbefd30e40b03c548a9d79261.

2 Likes

@milkyklim could you please explain in layman’s terms how CVP holders will benefit from this new index, since you propose exclude CVP liquidity mining for now? Yes, the new index can attract more TVL to PowerPool ecosystem, which can by huge upgrade, but is there anything else? And if I wanted to invest into the new index, what returns I can expect? Thx in advance for clarifying and the patience.

2 Likes

I don’t know milkys reasoning, but the proposal call for all USD LP tokens. Adding in a single tkn will add in a good amount of potential ImpLoss.

These are my thoughts.

If people consider POwerpool the place to swap Yean vault. They will certainly consider the other I while they are here. And the CVP mining can attract them further.

exactly. Useful products attract people:)

how CVP holders will benefit from this new index, since you propose exclude CVP liquidity mining for now?

No direct benefit – price won’t go up. :smile: At the same time, there is no selling pressure due to CVP rewards.

Yes, the new index can attract more TVL to PowerPool ecosystem, which can by huge upgrade, but is there anything else? And if I wanted to invest into the new index, what returns I can expect? Thx in advance for clarifying and the patience.

If you hold index, you will get weighted APY ~10%, for exact numbers see https://feel-the-yearn.app/vaults, and you also get fees generated by swaps inside index. Index (pool) will be the largest liquidity sink for yTokens as of now => most of the trades will go through index.

1 Like

@powerpoolAdmin… As @milkyklim suggest, the new index should have huge trading/swapping volume inside and holders should benefit mostly because swap and other fees. However fees are still just part of the PP treasury with no mechanism so far that would enable cashflow to the index holders.

So my question is: when do you expect that the PowerPool fees start getting to CVP or index holders as was planned…, or if I look at it from different perspective, what should motivate early investors to buy the new index, if they can’t benefit from the index fees for now?

1 Like

If xCVP proposal Proposal discussion: future fee distribution and the creation of xCVP is launched, passes vote and is implemented into the lazy ape index from the beginning, then this problem should be solved.