Proposal: Yearn yTokens Index

Thank you for proposal.
FOR this prop.

Simple and cool. Will personally hold it for.

This is a really great idea for the whole PP protocol.

Awesome marketing
Increasing TVL by alot i assume
Fees for the treasury

So lets vote for that and implement ASAP!

FOR this, very elegant solution as @vasilysumanov mentioned.

Please advise what pools you would suggest to set up with [yVaults index]?

Lets consider adding CVP boost program for those who invest in yVaults index+CVP:

1. same mechanics as with ASSY
  2. But CVP rewards are <= CVP purchased to be eligible for the CVP rewards

I believe this may work because by definition the [yVaults index] will have relatively conservative returns, so adding +1-2-3% APY would make difference motivating the investors to buy yVault and participate in the boost program

2 Likes

Names
yPOOL, YCP, YCuP, Yearn Power

2 Likes

Need to double check on numbers for other pairs but yUSD/ETH definitely has better liquidity on SushiSwap.

Uni
Sushi

1 Like

Some more ideas: yStables Index, Yearn Stablecoin Vault Index

What do you propose in regards to supporting the V2 Vaults? Would that be a separate index from the V1 vaults?

1 Like

LP tokens from OP are here to stay. Up to the people what they will choose when v2 is out:

1. Create new index with yTokens that are not in the list.
  2. Update current index and replace some of the tokens, e.g. with those with better yield.

I see both options as viable but leaning towards first one.

3 Likes

Agreed, Option #1 is much cleaner.

1 Like

Thanks!
I am for this proposal.

https://snowswap.org/iearn/

Swap between yDAI, yUSDC, yUSDT, yTUSD and yUSD, ybCRV respectively. Should this rather be a cooperation?

This is something I would support without question… In fact, I registered simply for this proposal. (but I do have PIPT holdings and earned CVP)

I like they way Milky is thinking.

This type of feature is much sought after.

I Suggested the names

YCUS - Yearn Curve USdollars
YCUI - Yearn Curve Usd Index
YBrr - this is a joke.

Ynot2yEARN
Damn I love puns.
For this proposal. More different products in PowerPool - more TVL - more Apy - more interest - more puns (kidding)

Moved to on-chain voting: https://app.powerpool.finance/#/mainnet/proposal/2?governor=0x1872b9692bd7ceabbefd30e40b03c548a9d79261.

2 Likes

@milkyklim could you please explain in layman’s terms how CVP holders will benefit from this new index, since you propose exclude CVP liquidity mining for now? Yes, the new index can attract more TVL to PowerPool ecosystem, which can by huge upgrade, but is there anything else? And if I wanted to invest into the new index, what returns I can expect? Thx in advance for clarifying and the patience.

2 Likes

I don’t know milkys reasoning, but the proposal call for all USD LP tokens. Adding in a single tkn will add in a good amount of potential ImpLoss.

These are my thoughts.

If people consider POwerpool the place to swap Yean vault. They will certainly consider the other I while they are here. And the CVP mining can attract them further.

exactly. Useful products attract people:)

how CVP holders will benefit from this new index, since you propose exclude CVP liquidity mining for now?

No direct benefit – price won’t go up. :smile: At the same time, there is no selling pressure due to CVP rewards.

Yes, the new index can attract more TVL to PowerPool ecosystem, which can by huge upgrade, but is there anything else? And if I wanted to invest into the new index, what returns I can expect? Thx in advance for clarifying and the patience.

If you hold index, you will get weighted APY ~10%, for exact numbers see https://feel-the-yearn.app/vaults, and you also get fees generated by swaps inside index. Index (pool) will be the largest liquidity sink for yTokens as of now => most of the trades will go through index.

1 Like

@powerpoolAdmin… As @milkyklim suggest, the new index should have huge trading/swapping volume inside and holders should benefit mostly because swap and other fees. However fees are still just part of the PP treasury with no mechanism so far that would enable cashflow to the index holders.

So my question is: when do you expect that the PowerPool fees start getting to CVP or index holders as was planned…, or if I look at it from different perspective, what should motivate early investors to buy the new index, if they can’t benefit from the index fees for now?

1 Like

If xCVP proposal Proposal discussion: future fee distribution and the creation of xCVP is launched, passes vote and is implemented into the lazy ape index from the beginning, then this problem should be solved.