Proposal discussion: future fee distribution and the creation of xCVP

Also a separate suggestion to add to this proposal, replace new cvp minting pf cvp rewards totally with xCVP.

Cvp returns from xCVP rewards actually can be very little. Like really can be quite low.

Reasons why xCVP rewards can be very low (so they don’t outpace our treasury):
Anyway pipt and yeti cvp staking rewards are totally going to get phased out as per proposal 22 on the forum, no one has objections with that so far. So we can offer them xCVP with very small rewards vs where they would have gotten none, no one can complain about low cvp rewards when they wouldn’t have gotten any in the first place.

Also xCVP holders (must also be index stakers as per my earlier rule) will recieve aave staking rewards + xCVP rewards. So two things, low cvp rewards and underlying token rewards.
Also things like cream collateral for xcvp or other ideas will generate even more for xcvp holders etc

Also if because of this cvp price flys to 30 dollars etc then earning even a small amount of cvp becomes more lucrative

Guys, rly great inputs. We need someone to summarize everything and make a concise proposal now

2 Likes

Yes, that is very similar to what I proposed earlier…

To simplify it further… since the index holders will get the boost benefits from xCVP, we should cancel the index holders rights to 0,2% swap fee in exchange for the boosted APY they get for xCVP staking. Therefore all/ part of swap fees would go only to xCVP stakers… and when I say part of it I mean that we might allocate part of Treasury income for Smart Fund Ecosystem financing…

1 Like

Awesome, I didnt see that. This is great.

Great idea! Index buyback of CVP will boos the price and reduce the inflation. I am in favor of buyback/burn mechanisms to support the price of CVP, and those that stake both the CVP and the index tokens should be rewarded for their price support as well.

Buyback is very welcomed, since it will boost the price of CVP, however I am strictly against burning tokens… why should we get rid of possibility to used the tokens from our max. supply to incentive any activities that we might need to accomplish in the future? Burning is very short-term action and from the long-term perspective it would NOT help us to move the price much higher (if at all).

burning tokens just decreases supply therefore increasing demand aka driving the price higher. the max supply of the token has nothing to do with the utility it provides.