Proposal 58: Launch the PowerPool Ecosystem Growth Fund & Grants Program
I propose to create the PowerAgent Ecosystem Growth Fund and allocate 10% of the $CVP totel token supply (10m $CVP) to it.
The primary purpose of this fund is to fund Integration/Building Grants to developers integrating PowerAgent automation into their protocols and applications. This funding should provide a solid support for PowerAgent adoption across multiple chains over the next few years.
The typical grant amount should be about $10k-$20k in $CVP equivalent.
Funds allocated to the Ecosystem Growth Fund should be locked in the contract and have the option to be released only based on the governance decisions of CVP holders. This new token allocation should be considered an update of PowerPool token metrics.
The widespread adoption of the PowerAgent Keeper Network is of paramount importance to PowerPool. Hence, we should incentivise developers to integrate PowerAgent solutions in their protocols during the early first stages of PowerAgent deployment.
Issuing integration grants to accelerate protocol adoption and ecosystem growth is a widely-used approach in Web3. Moreover, an Ecosystem Growth Fund will boost PowerPool developer relations, and serve as a starting point for PowerAgent’s widespread adoption across multiple networks, and ultimately facilitating the establishment of its brand name.
Many teams are still running/launching protocols using centralized keeper bots (or aiming to use them) for automating their protocols’ operation. This approach should be deprecated as it has multiple drawbacks (primarily sacrificing protocol decentralization and introducing single points of failure). The proposed integration grants would provide the necessary funding for overcoming the centralization issue by substituting PowerPool-powered automation.
The details of this proposal are as follows:
- Allocate 10% of $CVP total token supply (or 10m $CVP) for the PowerAgent Ecosystem Growth Fund
- Funds could be transferred from the contract only after governance approval for each case
- The size of each grant should be in range of $10,000 – $20,000 paid out in $CVP according to the $CVP market price. The grant amount should be paid out in tranches based on achieved milestones.
- Each team applying for a grant should make a public sub-topic on this PowerPool Governance Forum requesting approval from $CVP holders via governance voting.
- If the team/project is aiming to receive a grant larger than $20,000, multiple grant applications could be made for specific stages of development
- Any changes to these rules should be approved via governance