Approved: Grant to Partitura for the implementation of Automated Safe module for PowerAgent

Abstract

Account Abstraction (AA) in the form of Smart Contract Accounts (SCA) is one of the new big things in cryptocurrency, which can make user onboarding easier and bring mass adoption. Moreover, SCA opens up new features for users, such as batching and modularity, which allows for extending possibilities and enabling new features on the user’s smart wallets.

Partitura is an infrastructure for composable smart transactions, which allows users to leverage the benefits of SCA and execute any desired flows. One of the core functionalities that we offer to our users is the automation of their flow, which makes it possible to set up your own DCA strategy, recurrent payments, and other on-chain routines.

At the moment, Partitura is integrated with one of the best solutions for SCA: Safe, which has over 2 million created wallets and 30 billion dollars in TVL. Our vision is to provide as many options as possible for our users and integrate most of the best solutions in the area. Integrating Powerpool as a solution for automation for Safe SCA requires a specific module, which mitigates risks and allows for automated execution of transactions on an SCA without adding a keeper as an owner.

Module description

PowerPoolModule is a unique smart contract module for Safe that can be enabled on a user’s Safe. It allows for the execution of whitelisted transactions without the need to add a keeper as an owner of the Safe. The module includes methods for whitelisting and delisting transactions that can be executed on a dedicated safe wallet, as well as for executing transactions.

Workflow

The setup requires a series of transactions. These transactions can be executed as a single batch transaction and include:

• The registerJob transaction registers a new job on PowerAgent.
  • The addModule transaction adds a PowerPoolModule to SCA.
  • The whitelistJob transaction adds the created job to the whitelist.

When the job can be executed, the transaction will be executed on the SCA through the PowerPoolModule.

Roadmap

• Development of PoC: ~1 week
  • Development of the smart contract, test, and helper scripts. ~3 weeks
  • Deployment of SC on all supported networks < 1 week
  • Implementation of a block in Partitura with PowerPool automation. ~2 weeks

For all steps, we estimate a total duration of five to seven weeks.

The result module will be fully open-sourced and added to the PowerPool GitHub repository.

Motivation

By completing the proposal, the Powerpool community will be able to take advantage of significant benefits that come with the automation of Account Abstraction through the implementation of SCA of Safe. This will not only open up new markets for automation but also create opportunities for more advanced and efficient ways of working. The proposed solution will be designed to deliver greater convenience and flexibility to the Powerpool community, enabling them to streamline their processes and maximize their returns.

Team

1 x Sr. Smart contract engineer

1 x Sr. frontend engineer

1 x Project Manager

Grant/Compensation

For the implementation, testing, writing of the tutorial & blog post, and scaling of PowerAgent in our system according to the development plan, we would like to request 20.000USD paid in CVP tokens.

6 Likes

Thanks for this proposal. PowerPool is committed to both Gnosis Safe and Gnosis Chain as points of focus on end user automation options. Subject to technical due diligence and milestone definition, I support this proposal.

I might add that the name of the automation network is PowerAgent Automation Network, so perhaps better to call the module PowerAgentModule? PowerPool DAO will also have other activities also automated by PowerAgent Automation Network, so it is best to distinguish the network from the DAO.

I would also like to ask if your roadmap would include running one or more PowerAgent nodes, and which EVM chains you see your project running Keeper nodes on?

2 Likes

Thank you for presenting this well-thought-out proposal to the PowerPool community. The focus on Account Abstraction and Smart Contract Accounts, combined with the integration of Safe, aligns well with our vision for innovation and efficiency. I want to support this initiative and believe it can bring significant value to our ecosystem. However, I also urge the community to come together, discuss, and ensure the successful implementation of this proposal to see where it goes.

Let’s see.

2 Likes

Hello Partitura team,

Firstly, I appreciate the effort and thought put into this proposal. The integration with Safe, especially given its impressive TVL and wallet count, is undoubtedly promising. However, I have a couple of concerns:

1. While the roadmap spans 5-7 weeks, how do you plan to handle any unforeseen challenges or delays?
  2. The streamlined execution of whitelisted transactions without a keeper is a great feature, but how do we ensure the utmost security in this process?

Despite these questions, I see the potential benefits of this proposal for PowerPool and its community. Looking forward to more discussions and clarity on this.

Sure, let’s name it PowerAgentModule! Also, about PowerAgent nodes, yes we are going to launch nodes, just didn’t mention it in the proposal. Besides testnet, we are interested in Gnosis, Polygon, OP, Arbitrum, and Ethereum Mainnet.

1 Like

Hi!
About your questions:

1. We already did the research before applying for the grant and consider that 5 weeks is enough for our plan, but to be more secure it’s better to have a couple of weeks in the reserve. In case of an emergency situation (unforeseen challenges or delays), we will notify the PowerPool DAO asap about the situation with our vision of the next steps and timelines.

2. For the maximum level of security users will be able to set up limits of transactions (e.x. if a user is going to launch a DCA strategy he could set up the maximum amount of executions) and deadline for whitelisted transactions.

1 Like

Thank you for the answers!

Thank you for presenting this well-thought-out proposal to the DAO. The focus on Account Abstraction and Smart Contract Accounts, combined with the integration of Safe, aligns well with our vision for innovation and efficiency. I support this initiative and believe it can bring significant value to our ecosystem.

The integration of Powerpool’s automation solution into Partitura’s composable smart transactions infrastructure could be a promising step towards increasing user engagement, enabling automation and encouraging mass adoption. The outlined roadmap, experienced team and commitment to open source development make this initiative even more attractive. I look forward to its successful implementation and the benefits it will bring to community.

The integration of Account Abstraction via Smart Contract Accounts (SCA) by Partitura, especially with Safe, is a promising step towards innovative features and user-friendly experiences. The PowerPoolModule offers a streamlined, secure approach to transactions. Backed by a strong team and a clear vision, the future looks bright for the Powerpool community. Best wishes on this venture!

Totally for it! When the grant will be approved, we need to provide more information to our community regarding your proposal and developments @axdvdv

1 Like

Thank you for presenting this well-thought-out proposal to the PowerPool community. The focus on Account Abstraction and Smart Contract Accounts, combined with the integration of Safe, aligns well with our vision for innovation and efficiency. I support this initiative and believe it can bring significant value to our ecosystem.

The integration of PowerPool’s automation solution into Partitura’s infrastructure for composable smart transactions could be a promising step towards increasing user engagement, enabling automation, and fostering mass adoption. The outlined roadmap, experienced team, and commitment to open-source development make this initiative even more compelling. I look forward to its successful implementation and the benefits it will bring to the community.