Proposal 20: Re-define rewards for PIPT, YETI and CVP-ETH

completely agree…i don’t understand why the community keeps making proposals with 5+ points in them… while I agree with most of the points I do agree with the commentary above that now is not the right time to switch the liquidity from Balancer to SushiSwap…

CVP-ETH pool seems to have 2cvp/block reward (according to the website powerindex.io)…so at 195k blocks/mth = 390kcvp/mth…not sure how you arrive e 91k cvp/mth?

PIPT/ETH - don’t think that rewards will be paid out in sushi…i thought they will remain the same but you need to provide SushiLP tokens rather than BalancerLP tokens = > 1.39 * 195000= 271,050

PIPT - goes from 1.09 to 0.545… => 103,550/mth

YETI = 0.5* 195k = 97.5k/mth

Do the others agree?

Also, I think proposals should be in ‘voting’ stage for at least 5 days…currently it’s a lot less

yes, looks like your calculations are correct

You are right that cvp-eth is 390k/month i was way off. I went with the numbers from a previous proposal without calculating.

And yeap the pipt/eth is not part of sushiswap onsen program as i realized now. And your calculated number is correct.

Pipt at 0.545 cvp/block is 106275 not 103550 btw

Thanks for following that up and checking.

Right now i think its 2 days and some number of hours i don’t know exactly. I think its not too bad. 5 days seems like too long. Especially given that proposals are discussed for at least 3 or 4 days so people generally know in advance if a proposal is going live soon . 5 days is probably too excessive imo.

I have mixed opinions on it neither here nor there on pipt/eth migration. I saw the benefit of migrating as

1. building on existing sushiswap partnership,
  2. if we show significant volume in sushiswap for the pipt/eth pair, eventually get pipt added to sushiswap onsen program so they can earn sushi.

Also i considered that lps might be unhappy about moving but didn’t hear anyone speak up so i wasn’t sure how they felt exactly.

Guys, ask questions if there are any. Sorry for delay with answers!
Will be happy to answer to all of them.

We moved to Sushi as community decided to do it. Their motivation is understandable: (1) YETI-ETH is hugely rewarded by Sushi (2) ASSY-ETH is also rewarded by Sushi. These two pairs can support liquidity of index tokens, and at the same time community don’t need to pay CVP rewards for that, so these two pairs support CVP token value indirectly.

The last pair, PIPT-ETH was at Balancer. It is abandoned from other indexes and there is no cross-liquidity to ASSY/YETI. This is why community decided to move PIPT-ETH to Sushi too.

1 Like
  1. What do you mean by ‘abondened from other indexes’?
  2. What do you meann by ‘and there is no cross-liquidity to ASSY/YETI’ ? That i can’t switch from PIPT to ASSY/YETI directly?
  3. “This is why community decided to move PIPT-ETH to Sushi too” - not quite…the topic was started 11 days ago…DrGonzo said there are 14hrs (till the vote closes) left 7d ago…meaning that from initial posting of this topic until the time the proposal was accepted we have 4-5 days…that’s ridiculuous…not to mention that this proposal has too many points to vote on and as discussed users might agree with one but disagree with another…

I guess to point 3…can we vote on standartizing the time a proposal should be in voting mode? I firmly believe the current 2 days is NOT enough

Hey mate,

1. abandoned = divided from other pools. E.g.
    All pools on SUSHI = Sushi can smart route orders and make it possible to trade ASSY <-> PIPT or ASSY <-> YETI or another combination of these 3 pairs. If one of the pools is located on another platform such as Balancer, there is no possibility to carry this trade efficiently.

2. This is related to the 1st question.

3. Previously, Proposal 16: Reduce the mining rewards for all pools by ~50% for the next month passed at the end of 2020, it was planned to have another proposal to set rewards for February. That is why discussion didn’t take too long

Regarding the voting time, you can start a forum discussion in Proposals category to extend it to 4 or 5 days.

regarding 3: think every proposal should be discussed independent of any previous discussions - this way we remain inclusive towards people who just joined the community…
thanks for the responses to the other questions